If you live in Japan, or France, chances are you'll gain only about 12 pounds (just under a stone) throughout your whole pregnancy.
I gained at least 25lbs (11 kilos) for each of my pregnancies.
In America, that's considered standard.
I'm not sure what the guidelines are for the UK, but I think it's about the same as America.
Either way, every woman wants to have a healthy pregnancy.
How can she ensure that she has one?
Here are 7 ways that regular chiropractic adjustments can help optimise your health during pregnancy:
- Start with regular chiropractic care before you plan on getting pregnant.
- Making sure your nervous system and spine are balanced and clear of interferences helps your chances of conception.
- Make sure your partner also gets regular chiropractic care. Why leave out the man's health in the dust?
- Regular adjustments help ease the early annoying and uncomfortable symptoms of the first trimester.
- Each week, a pregnant woman's body changes and develops, adapts, and grows to accommodate what the baby needs. Chiropractic care helps the whole body function well as these changes occur.
- Hormones are shifting in the pregnant body, causing the ligaments and joints to be looser and more relaxed, which can sometimes lead to pelvic and lower spine distortions, causing pain and discomfort. Regular adjustments help align and rebalance the pelvis and spine, as well as keeping the hormones more balanced.
- There are many emotions experienced during pregnancy: fear, doubt, angst, worry, as well as joy in anticipation of what's to come. Chiropractic adjustments can help keep your emotions more balanced allowing you to cope with all these crazy waves of emotions!
One of my friends was coming to me every week for her regular adjustments during her third pregnancy and after she had her baby, she told me how she noticed the difference between her first two pregnancies and her third.
She felt so much more relaxed during her third pregnancy: more comfortable, less anxious, and had more energy, better sleep, and overall a more enjoyable pregnancy.
She even went over 42 weeks of pregnancy and coasted through it feeling calm, cool, and collected to the very end!
She had a wonderful home birth and everything went beautifully.
She's convinced it's because of the regular adjustments!
Adjusting pregnant women is a joy.
I love it.
They respond beautifully to chiropractic care because their bodies are so alert and sensitive to positive input.
Chiropractic care for pregnant women is very gentle, safe, and effective.
So don't worry about gaining all that weight!
My view is, as long as you keep your nervous system and spine balanced and clear, you'll most likely have an enjoyable pregnancy.
Worrying about the weight is something that you'll work on once you feel ready and able to give yourself that time for yourself.
In the meantime, allow yourself to enjoy that pregnancy as much as you can.
Chiropractic adjustments will also give your pregnant body the chance to do that!
See you soon at your next adjustment!
— Dr MaryAnne